Our mission: A whole new way to 401k
- Andrew Thomas, RPDirector of Client ServiceAndrew Thomas, RPDirector of Client Service
As the second (and best) Andrew to join the blooom team back in 2015, Drew dropped two letters in his name, just to make sure all confusion was avoided in the office. He now heads up the Investment Operations team at blooom and coaches clients as a blooom advisor. Prior to joining blooom, Drew worked as a comprehensive Financial Planner and also spent more than 5 years helping retirement plan participants figure out how best to handle their work retirement accounts. In his free time, Drew is terrible at fantasy football, but tries very hard.
- Brandi ReeseClient Solutions ArchitectBrandi ReeseClient Solutions ArchitectAs one of our client service reps, Brandi is right here to help with questions or issues you might have as you are setting up your retirement plan at blooom. With over 5 years of experience assisting clients with navigating online solutions, she is happy to use any tools in her arsenal to assist you. "I’m ready to collaborate and listen. Answering your questions is my mission.If you got problems yo I'll solve 'em, checking out issues in order to resolve them. Come on and chat chat with me, come on and chat chat with me!"
- Brenna HockenbergerOffice Manager & Account Coordinator
- Brent BowenDirector of Content
- Bryan DorseySoftware Engineer
- Carolin MayEmail Marketing Manager
- Chad BelandDirector of Client Happiness
- Chloe WeishaarSenior Account CoordinatorChloe WeishaarSenior Account CoordinatorAfter playing soccer at the University of Missouri - Kansas City, Chloe has brought that same level of focus and determination to the blooom office. She refuses to back down to even the most difficult accounts making sure everyone receives the help they need.
- Chris Costello, CFP®CEO & Co-Founder
Chris Costello is the CEO and Co-Founder of blooom - one of the nation’s fastest growing robo-advisors aimed at helping millions of underserved retirement savers. Chris has earned the prestigious CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ designation and has been working with individual clients and building portfolio allocations for over two decades.
Prior to blooom he co-founded another investment advisory firm that grew to manage over $500 million for clients. At blooom, Chris leads the company in building innovative financial services to reach a brand new audience of under-served Americans. Blooom has been named one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company, and Chris was selected as “Ten to Watch in 2016" by WealthManagement.
- Claire HarrisonCampaign Manager
- Don "Hollywood" LampertSoftware EngineerDon "Hollywood" LampertSoftware Engineer
With embedded, two-tier, and full-stack development experience, Don has a diverse background in software development and engineering. He has also been an integral part of multiple pending patents. At blooom, he melds his interest in technology with his interest in finances to keep it ‘blooom simple.’ Outside the office, Don enjoys picking up new skills in a variety of areas: business management, house projects, and even acting.
- Gary Arnold SeeversDigital Designer
- Jeff DurbinDirector of EngineeringJeff DurbinDirector of Engineering
A graduate of Stanford University, and Rockhurst University, Jeff spent the last 10 years developing enterprise applications for K12 school districts. As System & Privacy Architect at blooom, Jeff leads development of the technology platform. Jeff is a self-proclaimed personal finance geek and Dave Ramsey groupie. He is also owner of Homes for Hackers in the KC Startup Village, which encourages the growth of entrepreneurship in KC.
- Jeremy EisslerFrontend Developer
- Jordan NietzelDirector of Investment Operations
- Kevin ConardCo-Founder & COOKevin ConardCo-Founder & COOHaving spent 15 years working face-to-face with clients at another firm, Kevin learned to take complicated subject matter and put it into easy to understand terms. At blooom, he’s unveiled these same simple concepts and oversees the construction of 401k allocations for blooom users. As you can see from his wicked tan, he spends a good chunk of his day in front of the computer helping clients.
- Laura CervenyClient Education and Support SpecialistLaura CervenyClient Education and Support Specialist
Laura is a Client Education and Support Specialist on the blooom team. She recently completed her MSEd and has a background in technical writing and instructional design. At blooom she communicates with our clients and finds unique ways to enhance their blooom experience. Outside of blooom, you might find her playing tabletop board games or fruitlessly writing the novel she swears will get finished... someday.
- Matt BurgenerCMO
- Michelle BurchardChief Human OfficerMichelle started out at blooom communicating with clients and working with the development team. As blooom grew she took that desire to help others and used it to become the human resource department for the blooom team. She still steps in and helps out clients whenever she can, but spends most of her time tending to the blooom family, making sure they are happy and healthy and excited to come to the office every day. This is a cake walk compared to taking care of her college student on the 5-year plan, along with her high school and middle school teen. She’s eternally grateful to have a husband who is an amazing team player.
- Paul RavkinController
- Randy AufDerHeideCo-Founder & CPORandy AufDerHeideCo-Founder & CPO
Randy handles all the fancy schmancy IT stuff. If it involves computers, code, internet stuff - he's our guy. He's also the genius behind the development of the patent pending proprietary automation that makes blooom work smoothly, efficiently and helps deliver blooom users a great experience.
- Robert O'Blennis, JDCompliance ConsultantRobert O'Blennis, JDCompliance ConsultantRob spends his time making sure we are being compliant. That's legal jargon for "following all the rules, dotting our i's and crossing our t's". He's also an attorney, but we don't hold that against him.
- Shannon DuncanChief Compliance Officer
Shannon Duncan, a licensed financial advisor, has spent 20 years in the retirement plan industry helping participants understand the importance of saving for their future. At blooom, Shannon works with the Enterprise team behind the scenes keeping all of the balls in the air. Outside of work you may find her color coding her family’s calendar so they can “optimize” their day or admiring the dewy decimal system in the library.
- Taylor JohnsonSoftware Engineer
- Valerie StephensonGraphic Designer
- Yasser KhattabSoftware Engineer