WE ARE REAL ADVISORS, WITH REAL EXPERIENCE.
Blooom is a Registered Investment Advisory firm that was co-founded by a few guys that grew up in the Midwest. With over 30 years of cumulative experience in advising real people with portfolios that have ranged in value from $250 to $100,000,000, odds are we can fix yours too.
Our mission: A whole new way to 401k
- Andrew BrunsEnterprise Relationship ManagerAndrew BrunsEnterprise Relationship Manager
If you see Andrew walking around, he’s probably humming a tune or dropping a beat on whatever song is playing. When he’s not dreaming of becoming a rock star (yes, he was in a band), Andrew develops partnerships with financial and commercial institutions across the country by introducing and integrating blooom into their business.
- Andrew Thomas, RPDirector of Investment OperationsAndrew Thomas, RPDirector of Investment Operations
As the second (and best) Andrew to join the blooom team back in 2015, Drew dropped two letters in his name, just to make sure all confusion was avoided in the office. He now heads up the Investment Operations team at blooom and coaches clients as a blooom advisor. Prior to joining blooom, Drew worked as a comprehensive Financial Planner and also spent more than 5 years helping retirement plan participants figure out how best to handle their work retirement accounts. In his free time, Drew is terrible at fantasy football, but tries very hard.
- Andrew WankEnterprise Relationship Manager
The original Andrew of the team (that’s right…we have 3!) joined us in 2015. Prior to blooom, Andrew spent his time as a financial advisor helping people navigate this crazy world of financial planning. Today Andrew spends his time making calls and knocking on doors developing blooom’s strategic relationships with plan sponsors, consultants, and brokers.
- Brandi ReeseClient ServicesBrandi ReeseClient ServicesAs one of our client service reps, Brandi is right here to help with questions or issues you might have as you are setting up your retirement plan at blooom. With over 5 years of experience assisting clients with navigating online solutions, she is happy to use any tools in her arsenal to assist you. "I’m ready to collaborate and listen. Answering your questions is my mission.If you got problems yo I'll solve 'em, checking out issues in order to resolve them. Come on and chat chat with me, come on and chat chat with me!"
- Brenna HockenbergerOffice Manager & Account Coordinator
- Brent CoonrodCTO & Privacy Officer
You could hear cheering from the blooom team when Brent came on as our Chief Technology & Privacy Officer. He has both an MBA and Computer Engineering degree. With over 15 years in the technology industry as a Technical Team Lead, Senior Manager, Director and Engineering Project Manager. Brent is leading the charge in bringing advanced technological solutions, financial services, and beyond awesome user experiences to the blooom clients. When Brent isn’t overseeing the latest and greatest blooom innovations he can be found behind the lens of a camera taking professional photography or in the blooom kitchen perfecting his chocolate waffle recipe.
- Bryan DorseySoftware Engineer
- Chad BelandAccount Coordinator
- Chloe WeishaarAccount CoordinatorChloe WeishaarAccount CoordinatorAfter playing soccer at the University of Missouri - Kansas City, Chloe has brought that same level of focus and determination to the blooom office. She refuses to back down to even the most difficult accounts making sure everyone receives the help they need.
- Chris Costello, CFP®CEO & Co-Founder
Chris Costello is a lifelong Kansan. After graduating from the University of Kansas with a degree in Business in the mid-1990s he began a career in the Investment industry. Chris holds the prestigious CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM designation. This year Wealth Management named Chris as one of “The Ten to Watch in 2016.”
Chris worked for several large Wall Street brokerage firms before co-founding his first SEC Registered Investment Advisory firm in 2004. Today that firm manages more than $500 million of individual client portfolios. In 2013 Chris, along with his 2 business partners, started blooom - the nation's first online platform for managing individual clients’ 401(k) accounts. Blooom’s mission is to bring financial services to the millions of un-served retirement savers in America.
- Clayton KohlerAccount CoordinatorClayton KohlerAccount CoordinatorClayton, our most tattooed account coordinator, makes sure even the most difficult accounts receive the best blooom has to offer. He's our 401(k) prodigy with a mission to make sure all 401(k)s, no matter how small, are given the attention they need.
- Don "Hollywood" LampertSoftware EngineerDon "Hollywood" LampertSoftware Engineer
With embedded, two-tier, and full-stack development experience, Don has a diverse background in software development and engineering. He has also been an integral part of multiple pending patents. At blooom, he melds his interest in technology with his interest in finances to keep it ‘blooom simple.’ Outside the office, Don enjoys picking up new skills in a variety of areas: business management, house projects, and even acting.
- Gary Arnold SeeversDigital Designer
- Greg SmithPresidentGreg is taking defined contribution help where it’s never been taken before – here, there and everywhere. As the author of an Op-Ed and New York Times Bestselling book “Why I Left Goldman Sachs”, he’s advised legislators, regulators, pension officials, and corporate executives on financial policy and fiduciary duty. He’s fully engaged and tuned in to championing help for all investors. Greg has a Stanford economics degree and 11 years of Wall Street experience advising Sovereign Wealth Funds, Mutual Funds and Pension Funds.'
- Jeff DurbinSystem & Privacy ArchitectJeff DurbinSystem & Privacy Architect
A graduate of Stanford University, and Rockhurst University, Jeff spent the last 10 years developing enterprise applications for K12 school districts. As System & Privacy Architect at blooom, Jeff leads development of the technology platform. Jeff is a self-proclaimed personal finance geek and Dave Ramsey groupie. He is also owner of Homes for Hackers in the KC Startup Village, which encourages the growth of entrepreneurship in KC.
- Jordan Nietzelblooom Advisor
- Kerri GeorgeEnterprise Account ManagerKerri GeorgeEnterprise Account Manager
Kerri has 14 years of experience in the financial industry with an emphasis in 403(b) plans and working with plan administrators. She spent several years educating participants on the importance of retirement planning and investing. After an 11-year sabbatical at home juggling three kids, Kerri is back in the financial world cultivating blooom’s partnerships with its enterprise clients.
- Kevin ConardCo-Founder & COOKevin ConardCo-Founder & COOHaving spent 15 years working face-to-face with clients at another firm, Kevin learned to take complicated subject matter and put it into easy to understand terms. At blooom, he’s unveiled these same simple concepts and oversees the construction of 401k allocations for blooom users. As you can see from his wicked tan, he spends a good chunk of his day in front of the computer helping clients.
- Laura CervenyAccount Coordinator
- Mara PicardiDigital Marketing ManagerMara PicardiDigital Marketing Manager
Mara directs the digital marketing efforts for blooom. Blooom’s email, Facebook, SEM and other areas of how our clients discover 401k help are just some of the areas she covers. Previously, Mara built a digital marketing team for an agency, and following that she became the marketing and data director for a university.
- Matt BurgenerCMO
- Maureen WelshMarketing and Sales Communications CoordinatorMaureen's our modern day Paul Revere – she knows how to spread the word, spread it loud and spread it at all hours of the day. If you are with the local or national media, social media or a perfect stranger, she'll tell you all about our mission. Toss in street smarts, book smarts, a little Yoga zen, and 12 years of legal experience and you'll see the powerful social bullhorn we’ve got on our hands.
- Michelle BurchardChief Human OfficerMichelle started out at blooom communicating with clients and working with the development team. As blooom grew she took that desire to help others and used it to become the human resource department for the blooom team. She still steps in and helps out clients whenever she can, but spends most of her time tending to the blooom family, making sure they are happy and healthy and excited to come to the office every day. This is a cake walk compared to taking care of her college student on the 5-year plan, along with her high school and middle school teen. She’s eternally grateful to have a husband who is an amazing team player.
- Randy AufDerHeideCo-Founder & CPORandy AufDerHeideCo-Founder & CPO
Randy handles all the fancy schmancy IT stuff. If it involves computers, code, internet stuff - he's our guy. He's also the genius behind the development of the patent pending proprietary automation that makes blooom work smoothly, efficiently and helps deliver blooom users a great experience.
- Robert O'Blennis, JDCompliance ConsultantRobert O'Blennis, JDCompliance ConsultantRob spends his time making sure we are being compliant. That's legal jargon for "following all the rules, dotting our i's and crossing our t's". He's also an attorney, but we don't hold that against him.
- Sean PhelpsMarketing SpecialistSean PhelpsMarketing Specialist
Sean bought a home improvement company after graduating from Saint Louis University and ran it successfully for over a decade. After going back to school for his MBA in Entrepreneurship and Finance, he joined the blooom team to learn the “fintech” industry. He works on sales and marketing analytics when he isn’t playing hover board ping-pong.
- Shannon DuncanChief Compliance Officer
Shannon Duncan, a licensed financial advisor, has spent 20 years in the retirement plan industry helping participants understand the importance of saving for their future. At blooom, Shannon works with the Enterprise team behind the scenes keeping all of the balls in the air. Outside of work you may find her color coding her family’s calendar so they can “optimize” their day or admiring the dewy decimal system in the library.
- Taylor JohnsonSoftware Engineer
- Von "Fluffy" KiefferSoftware EngineerVon "Fluffy" KiefferSoftware Engineer
Former Professional Gamer turned Software Engineer, Von is part of the blooom development team that handles all of the fancy ones and zeros that keep the blooom machine up and running. As a cryptography enthusiast and mean programmer, he's dedicated to providing the best possible user experience for every blooom client. All this and he still finds the time to slay “noobs” on the weekend.
- Yasser KhattabSoftware Engineer
- Zach PettetDirector of Client HappinessZach PettetDirector of Client Happiness
Zach is a recent graduate of UMKC’s Bloch School of Business with a Bachelor of Science degree in business. He was named UMKC Student Entrepreneur of the Year in 2014 and one year later co-founded #OneDayKC. Zach handles a myriad of responsibilities at blooom that include media and marketing development, client communications and community outreach. Outside of blooom, he is a community organizer for 1 Million Cups Kansas City and volunteers at several local entrepreneurial organizations.